Start Your Spring Cleaning Now
In a few weeks it will officially be spring, so make sure your home is fully prepared with these tips:
1. Get Ready for Storms: Ensure that your roof flashing, caulking and shingles are prepared for wet weather. In addition, checking the weather-stripping and caulking around your doors is important to make sure moisture stays out.
2. Check Your Air Conditioner: Make sure your A/C is prepared for the warmer weather ahead by checking the filters and replacing, if necessary. Also, consider utilizing or investing in a ceiling fan, which can allow you to raise your thermostat four degrees.
3. Turn Down Your Water Heater: Did you know that water heating accounts for 18 percent of energy consumption in households? Now that you no longer need a hot shower to keep warm, consider dialing down your water heater to save some extra money.
4. Change Your Furnace Filter: Regularly replacing your heating and cooling system filter is one of the easiest ways to make your home more comfortable and efficient. Check out this DIY video to learn how.
5. Clean Up Your Desk with PaperFREE Billing: Has your desk gotten cluttered with papers and bills this winter? By enrolling in Entergy’s PaperFREE billing, you can eliminate some of this waste and start receiving your bill online.