Find Out Fast: How to Have an Energy-Efficient Valentine's Date
This Valentine’s Day, utilize the tips below to ensure you and your loved ones make it is as energy-efficient as possible:
1. When setting the mood with lighting, opt for LED lighting, which last up to five times longer than regular light bulbs.
2. If deciding to cook together, be sure to check tips for cooking up energy efficiency.
3. If staying in to watch a movie, watch it on your computer rather than your TV to save energy.
4. Unplug on date night. Turn off and unplug as many electronics as possible to make sure you aren’t distracted and wasting unnecessary energy.
5. If leaving the house, use public transportation to reduce your environmental impact.
Preparing for date night but realized you haven’t paid your Entergy bill yet?
Source: Department of Energy. (2013, February 11). Save Energy, Save Date Night. Retrieved from https://energy.gov/energysaver/articles/save-energy-save-date-night