How Much Holiday Fun Can You Get With a kWh?
Every month, your bill tells you how much kilowatt hours you've used. But the question is how efficiently are you using your kWh? Here are some ways you can use a kWh to bring fun to this holiday season.
1. Spin an evening’s worth of holiday classics. Break out the vinyl. Fire up the turntable and enjoy the sounds of your youth for nearly 5 hours worth of music on an average stereo set-up.
2. Build 2 Gingerbread Houses. Deck the halls…or at least a 1 square foot gingerbread version of a hall. With one kWh you can bake 8 walls and 4 roof pieces.
3. Enjoy a week's worth of holiday aroma. You can run an electric potpourri warmer for almost 6 hours a day for a full week with just one kWh worth of energy.
4. Treat your party guests to the safety and comfort of a TV fireplace. It’s not a real fire it just plays one on TV. Real fires are pretty, but they can be hot. Why not find that station that just plays an HD fire instead? You can get more than 6 hours on a 50-inch LED for just one kWh.
5. Pop 170 yards of popcorn garland. With just one kWh you can air pop 16 batches of popcorn. Each of which adds up to roughly 32 feet when strung together. Of course, we didn’t factor in the popcorn you’d sneak from the bowl, so maybe 100 yards of garland is more accurate.
6. Provide a snowman with a day’s worth of life. Instead of a magic top hat, this snowman requires just one kWh worth of an air blower for 10 hours. But still, look at that snowman glow.
7. Light your tree from dusk until bedtime. Or use 500 mini lights to make your tree shine for more than 5 hours… Or… Drumroll please…
8. Decorate your entire house for the whole weekend. Switching to LEDs can make your season brighter and more energy efficient. You can display 2,000 LED lights for more than 12 hours with just one kWh. They sure are pretty, Clark.