5 Ways to Save Energy in Your Yard
VIDEO: 5 Ways to Save Energy in Your Yard
Having trouble viewing the video? Click here to download it.
Spring is here. It's time to get your outdoor space ready for summer. Why not save energy and money in the process with these five easy tips:
- Use manual tools. Some yard work requires a motor. For those jobs that don’t, use hand tools instead. They’re quieter, don’t use energy and will still get the job done.
- Take control. Timers and motion sensors keep outdoor lights on when they’re needed and off when they’re not.
- Prime your pump. Solar pumps are a great way to help keep your fountain flowing without making a splash on your electric bill.
- Plant some savings. Planting leafy trees on the south side of your home will provide cooling shade during hot weather. The real payoff will come in future years with lower summer energy bills and increased comfort.
- Switch to LEDs. LEDs are more efficient than conventional incandescents. They're also more durable, last longer and respond better to temperature changes.
With these five measures, you can enjoy your outdoor space this summer and all year long while using less energy.
Content provided for Entergy customers, Powered by Questline RelationshipBuilder. © Questline Inc.